Wednesday, November 28, 2012

SERVICE

I am not one to brag, but I am one to push.
Push others to do what they feel is right.
The queen of service or the Queen of not being able to say no.... I havent decided,
but after our county fair I found myself very tired! While running around in the chaos I thought I would highlight a few moments of the week.
Monday- My beautiful 17 year old sister competed in her first beauty pageant, I was actually shocked by how well she did. Although she did not win or even place as an attendant she stuck to her cowgirl morals and was a very good sport. I hate judged events, its every ones opinion and they are all different.
Tuesday- My sweet little soon-to-be niece placed in the Princess Fair Rodeo Royalty. She was so excited and it was so fun to see all the little girls in their queening get up'. On this night I competed in the Roping Events. I missed my breakaway calf, Troy missed in the Ribbon Roping for us- we are trying to find our 4th buckle in this event but just haven't got it down the last two years. Troy did great in the team roping! He didn't place but we had a great time with friends and family.
Wednesday- This was the hectic day! Starting at 6 am picking my flowers in our beds so Mattie and Me could enter them in the exhibits. She had a lot of fun making some crazy arrangements but everything ended up receiving a blue ribbon! I entered our exhibits and dashed down to my station. I had to take in all of the crop entries for our fair. All of our wheat received purples! My sister decided to buy a sheep herd this year for her sterling scholar project. Well my cousins and her decided to do an FFA SAE with some of the lambs. Well it was a joke. Ive only ever showed a steer and the expected me to know how to sheer a sheep. All I have to say is what the hell?!?!?! Sheep..... ugghhh.... Wednesday was also the Western Night Rodeo. Guess who is in charge of that? Oh yes, my best friend Mckell, and I was roped into assisting. After about the 50th sheep rider I was drenched in sweat! Candy race, money calf, steer and calf riding. I actually had to make a mad dash to saddle my horse to go chase some cans. Sometimes you have to do things for yourself so that you don't go mad hatter on the situation. Me and my five year old star (the devil mare) had a nice run. She is still learning and I just enjoying giving her another job to do. This day drug on, by the time our chores were complete we got home at one a.m.
Thursday (Is the fair over yet?) Since I'm now righting this post three months late there is only one thing I remember about Thursday. RANCH RODEO, I remember feeling so giddy all day long. I have competed in the ranch rodeo for years, but this year seemed different? I don't know but I had mentally prepared for this event for weeks. I had rounded up a bunch of girls so that I could  have an all girls team. I of course invited the BF- Mckell. Next, I went out on a limb. I met these sisters on facebook. I secretly stocked them on there for weeks, just to see who they were. I sent them both a message asking if they would be interested. They said they would LOVE TO! So joined the Keetch girls in my ranch rodeo wolf pack. Gussie and Kricket are the BOMB! Mckell, Gussie, Kricket, and I (JaBoe) were a team made in the branding corral. We all have very of the chart names and that's what makes us cowboy-girls so unique. We had never really officially met until Gus and Krick pulled up in the arena parking lot. You would have thought it was a bunch of sisters on the team because we all just clicked! Talking about our favorite singer Adrian Buckaroogirl, talking about jeans, boots, and scarfs, of course giggling to the point of no return. We sat upon our giddy ups, bringing class and sense to the ranch rodeo that night. That was probably the best night of my life so far. We ended up in the middle of the pack, but against all men teams we felt very satisfied with our accomplishments.
Friday- Was a blur- I did something every second of the day but just cant remember. I was still living off the high from the night before. I did however, become a ring stewart for the livestock auction that night. What a blast!
Saturday- I showed horses at the morning horse show. Mattie showed her pony. We skipped the derby that night and went to a rodeo. Thats all I can really remember.
The Fair- till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment