Monday, December 17, 2012

Hello.

Now, now confidence I've been waiting on you. You left me high and dry on top of a bronc. You quit and ran out like a bad romance. Its been a long two years without you. I haven't give up on trying to ride but by hell it hasn't been my time.
One horse is all it takes to stomp your confidence. I fought that mare more than once and lost each time. I got madder then hell, bawled my eyes out, and laughed at myself to try and get my confidence back. After the fifth time in 2 months that I hit the ground on that mare,  I didn't get back on. Ill rightfully admit I was to scared. It hurts to lose your confidence. Sure I have climbed on many different horses in the past two years since the tragedies but it just hasn't been the same. I was scared, scared that I wasn't half the rider I used to be. Well after tonight I have proved to myself that I AM BACK! Confidence came back and flushed threw my vein's. When my horse would shy away from a task or gave me grief I didn't ignore it, like i have been doing. I spurred that filly and made her do what I wanted. I'm done being the passenger that wicked bronc made me think I was two years ago. I've let two years go by of doing whatever the horse wanted just so i didn't get thrown off. No gut hooks, goofing off, no aggressive riding at all. But tonight that change. I don't know what made it different tonight, maybe I just got fed up.
Or maybe I finally understood that you cant ride em all. Sometimes you need one to get by ya so you can move on. I tip my hat that mean old mare.
I used to jump on any horse at any given time. Trust me, I've rode plenty of crazy's. Yet just that one horse got me down and in a rut. Two long years of climbing out of a hole, and it feels wonderful!
Xoxo Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment