Saturday, December 1, 2012

Recent questions.....

        Everyone lately has been asking me one major question. I actually enjoy very much answering. I recently lost 40 lbs- and counting. You see there comes a time in your life when your a better roper then you are at working ground crew, but you always feel obligated to work ground because your a pretty "hefty" gal. Anyhow, I got on this terrible birth control for 3 years and slowly but surely I just started gaining weight. It wasn't a drastic increase, so I never really noticed it I guess? Plus when your traveling a million miles an hour in ten different directions its easy to just let yourself go. WELL, I got sick of it!!!! I joined a bootie buster group in my home town and started to gain my motivation back! It was more like a support group with a competition. Who ever lost the highest % of their body weight would be declared the winner!
     This journey to a healthier me started about 14 weeks ago. The group I joined was what I wanted fundamentally from a diet program. Now to the questions everyone has been asking.... I get emails, texts, remarks about my "secrets" and today you should consider yourself lucky because I'm going to disclose my top secrets to you!
    What I loved about this program was the rules were very strict! Only diet and exercise. You could not use anything to help you aid in losing weight except diet and exercise. So I'm sorry if you thought there was some magical product I used. But here is what I did do
      1. "Wake up in the morning feeling like P-diddy"-Kesha, Seriously when you get up in the morning feel like a rock star, think positive! Then grab your self a 32 ounce jug of water and start drinking! WATER< WATER< WATER, until you feel you might drown. 64 ounces is the minimum your body needs each day.
      2. Exercise, with this support group I joined they also logged our exercise minutes. I will be the first to tell you I wasn't at the top of the leader board with exercise. This being said I always keep in mind this simple rule, 90% diet and 10% exercise. My excuse for not losing weight before was that I didn't have TIME. Well guess what dolls, it doesn't matter how much you exercise, if you come home and eat half a pizza for dinner all that exercise doesn't even matter. I think a lot of people eat sweets or other goods and think that they will work it off later. That doesn't work. The simple rule is calories in vs calories out. The exercise I decided to do was run! I started by walking then jogging, and now I can run 3.1 miles without walking! I usually did 30 minutes walks or runs 4x's a week. Late at night, early in the morning, while Troy was feeding the horses on the bench, whenever I could! I also did Zumba once a week, and I love it!
     3. Make one meal a day a salad! That's right eat your veggies and eat as much of them as you want! I always made lunch my salad meal. I skipped the dressing, or chose low fat. I always got chicken or some type of meat! Along with this lettuce isn't really nutritional. So I would opt for spinach whenever possible! Spinach is one of the healthiest things you can consume!
       4. Wheat- I love bread! I didn't miss chocolate, rice crispies, or the staple food at our home, pop tarts, I missed bread! Especially sourdough.... but in my own little study I discovered that if I got my whole grains from other sources instead of wheat, I would maintain and even lose more that week. I looked it up and It is actually on the list as to what scientists think is making America obese. The genetically modified wheat is just different then the old wheat and they are looking into that. Differences aside, I just generally skip the wheat and shoot for other grain sources.
      5. DON'T tell yourself you CANT have it! Every time I told myself that I couldn't have something, I would end up rebelling against myself and caving in. However, when I told myself that i could HAVE it, but instead I am going to CHOOSE not to. This mind set always worked for me. Choose not to have it, instead of cant. With this part of it comes the most important-STAY POSITIVE!
     6. SLEEP, ZZZZZZZ..... even though all nighters are a college students best study time, I always got a good 8 hours of sleep. Reduce the stress in your life and just get some rest! Your body will love you!
   7. Do not starve your self! Talk to a nutritionist and ask how many calories you should consume a day, you can also have them help you construct a menu.
    8. Be nice to people, MEAN people never get any where. General rule of life.
    9. Be supportive of others in the group and share what you know! You can help each other in so many different ways then to mentor them to lose weight.
   10. DROP the diet pills, wraps, whatever else bologna they try to sell you because to keep the weight off its all up to you! Its a mental mind game, habits have to change in order to be a better you. I DO suggest downloading the free app called my fitness pal. It helps you log all your food, can show you were your being deficient, and can help you strive to a better YOU!
   Well I do have a lot of other pointers like eat small meals all day long, get your protein in, cut your carbs down, and a ton more that I try to follow! If you need some motivation just talk to me! I'm great at motivation, honestly! Have a great Christmas dolls!
JaBoe (the new one) (that no longer has to work ground crew) (and feels confident in a dress)
BAD PICTURE, but this is me before a run in the snow! Don't let anything ruin your determination!
Fitting into my high school jeans! BAM! I will admit that they are rather snug, but I got them puppies on!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I got really sick but no one could figure out what was wrong with me. Basically I was deficient in Everything! My body was slowly shutting down, and I had heavy metal poisoning. Got that figured out, lots of supplements then started a nutritional program largely designed for diabetics. I lost 30 lbs pretty quick. I had to flush out the toxins, regulate my pH and drink all sorts of water. I wasn't eating enough do my body thought it was starving. Spinach is my best friend, and just like you, grain type carbs were missed more than sugar. Ive kind of let my diet lax since coming back to school, but I haven't gained any of it back.

    ReplyDelete